Sunday, June 17, 2012

Recipe Round-up

So, I've not really been in much of a cooking mood this weekend. It's been hot and I've been tired, which has made me a bit uninspired to get in the kitchen.  One thing I have been doing a lot of is surfing around for fun recipes. Sometimes it's great to just get out there and see what other cooks are up to. Below you'll find some recipes that I find truly ogle-worthy. Enjoy!

The Recipes

So, there's a blog called Not Your Momma's Cookie that's super fun. She makes gorgeous cookies (that I would never have the patience to decorate) and often does themes based on popular books/movies/games. My favorite?  The Nyan Cat cookies (I mean, seriously, holy cow!) and the Heart Thumbprint cookies (because they look delicious, I've never watched Mad Men).

And of course, I have to give a shout out to my fellow Huntsville blogger over at Southern Plate, who provides tasty Southern recipes.  I'm a fan of the Harvest Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls post (someday I, too, will break down and make cinnamon rolls from scratch. Just not today) and her post on Mama's Creamy Macaroni & Cheese (ever notice how each Mac'n'cheese recipe is a tad different. As a fan of the dish I love the variety).

Then there's the blog, Tracey's Culinary Adventures, which always has tasty looking recipes with great photography.  I really enjoyed her recent post on Bourbon and Brown Sugar Marinated Flank Steak (which I'm really going to have to try, Yum!) and Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Kebabs (my mom has a fire pit, so I really hope she's paying attention to this one. Hint, hint).

Katydid Country is another super-interesting blog. I like it largely because it doesn't solely focus on food; she posts on crafts, country-living, gardening, and family, too.  But, since we're talking about recipes today, let me direct you to her post on Sour Dough Orange Rolls (I'll admit to being a little obsessed with breakfast breads) and her Fish Tacos recipe (secret: I loathe fish. My boyfriend loves it and these look tasty even to me, so maybe I'll make the attempt).

I'm also a fan of Elizabeth's Edible Experience, who makes some very pretty food and provides great pictures for all her steps. Recipes of interest? Nutty Gnocchi (I've never made or had gnocchi, but I confess, I'm intrigued) and her Crawfish and Eggplant Beignets (I love, love, love crawfish, and these look soooo tasty. Fortunately for my waistline, I don't own a deep fryer).

Sing for Your Supper is an adorable blog. I love that she owns up to both successes and failures; everyone needs a good kitchen tantrum now and then.  I really liked her recent post on Crockpot Pulled Pork (so tasty looking; now if only I had a crockpot...) and her Chocolate Coffee Mix (because, yes, even though it's only June, I'm already thinking about Christmas).

That should be enough to keep you occupied for a while.  Check out these great blogs and poke around, cause they all have some spiffy recipes!

Go, hooman, I will not stop you. Just don't forget to come back...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to . . .