Friday, October 19, 2012

A Different Sort of Post - Adoption Fundraiser

So, a friend and colleague of mine, Melissa (everyone say "hi, Melissa") is trying to raise money to assist with her mother's adoption of two young foster children in desperate need of good, stable home. In order to help out, I've agreed to host a 31 Party / Fundraiser. I'll be hosting this as an online party for the next two week. Some of the proceeds (if there are any) from the par-tay will go toward the adoption fees, construction of a wall to create two bedrooms, and other financial needs that will come up during the adoption process.

Please, my readers, do not feel obligated to participate; just ignore this post if it's not your thing (though you might want to scroll down to my upcoming reading list).

However, if you're interested in helping out you can visit my Facebook event or go directly to my 31 Party website. I hope some of you can come join in the fun. 31 offers some really cool products: totes, purses, storage, thermal bags, accessories and stationary. If you can, please help provide a home for two wonderful children.

And, hey, you'll get spiffy gear out of the deal, too! Christmas is right around the corner....

Since I can't legally provide any pictures, I give you Sebastian R. Gato, who would very much like you visit the party website.

You know what's good for you, right, hooman?
And now, to keep this blog a little on topic, I thought I'd share with you a list of my upcoming reads:
  • Scorch - Gina Damico
  • Crown of Embers - Rae Carson
  • King of Thorns - Mark Lawrence
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors - Molly Harper
  • Christmas with Southern Living 2012
  • Recommendations?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to . . .